HABcore's Independent Living Program serves individuals and families with children in apartments scattered throughout Monmouth and Ocean County. Rent is calculated to be approximately 30% of the combined household income. In order to qualify, applicants must have a permanent special need or disabling condition, and be homeless or at risk of homelessness. Specific requirements vary according to funding source and availability.
Case Management Services are provided as appropriate, including, but not limited to the following:
• Individual assessment & development of supportive service plan;
• Assistance with the location and maintenance of independent housing;
• Tenant/landlord mediation as needed;
• Service referral and coordination;
• Linkage with community resources;
• Assistance in obtaining entitlements;
• Supportive counseling;
• Crisis counseling;
• Development of social skills;
• Bolstering natural support networks.